Position: Stage Manager
Production(s): And the Tide Shall Cover the Earth, June & July Let’s Play! events
Company: Flashback Theater Co.
Location: Somerset, Kentucky
Pay: $600 flat fee
Dates: May 2015 – August 2015 (Performances Aug. 7-9 & 14-16)
Description and responsibilities:
You will work closely with the director to coordinate communication with actors, designers, crew, and ushers. You are also responsible for managing the rehearsal and performance spaces immediately before, during, and immediately after all rehearsals and performances. Time commitment will vary throughout the summer, but will mostly be concentrated in the three weeks leading up to the production. Rehearsal schedule will depend on availability of director, actors, and stage manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Able to make and follow a checklist
- Able to prioritize tasks and delegate responsibilities
- Confronts all situations professionally and promptly
- Arrives early and fully prepared
- Able and willing to communicate through email, phone calls, texting, and in person conversation
- Thorough note-taker
- Promptly disseminates information regarding rehearsals and performances
- Understands or is willing to learn how to operate sound board & light board
- Understands or is willing to learn how to focus lights
- Understands the concept of stage directions
About Flashback Theater Co.
Flashback Theater Co. is a start-up theater company. Our mission is to explore our present relationship to the world through the lens of our past interactions as a community and through the passionate pursuit of theater that speaks to the soul.
To apply, send your contact information and work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.